Sunday, September 5, 2010

Starting somewhere

Whenever we set out to achieve a goal, be it something simple from groceries to a holiday to our dreams, there is always that starting place; the hopeless place where nothing has been achieved and all that we can achieved lay before us.

The idea to blog about my experiences from the humble beginnings - the "being a police officer MAY be a career option" to following each week and month and my experiences from application, entry, academy and recruit was a hard-decision.

It stemmed from the inability to find a peer group online that shared that goal of Policing. There are many private policing forums, however most require resumes of policing experience - some even go far as background checking with the relevant police board with your badge number. As an outsider trying to get it, I figured there must be many others who are also looking for something to help them.

The next natural step was "how about a blog?"

This is my first post, and, naturally I have already begun my journey towards becoming a police officer, but I hope that as I experience the different stages of application and entry testing, that these experiences can be used by others as learning tools to help their entry as well.

I'm going to come back and post specific details in my next blog post, and go from there.

Cheers.

2 comments: